A display home is a home built to act as an example for all of the homes built in a particular complex. A display home acts as a show home that investors and potential homeowners can visit to get an idea of the builders’ capabilities and how the home could be potentially styled. Once the display home has served its purpose, these homes are often sold at a discounted price.
At Willoughby Homes, we have built many duplex display homes in Sydney and know all about the ins and outs of purchasing a display home. Have you ever been interested in buying a display home? Let’s look at the pros and cons.
- Attention to detail – As display homes are used as an example, they are usually beautiful with attention to detail and the use of premium materials.
- No one has lived in them before – While many people may have viewed the home, the home will be brand new in the fact that no one has lived in it before.
- Discounts – Display homes are known for being sold at a lot less than their true value.
- There will be no need to wait to have your brand new home built.
- You can see exactly what you’re buying.
- A saturated market – There aren’t ever many Sydney duplex display homes for sale at any one time, and when they do make their way onto the market, they often get snapped up very quickly. So if you are on the hunt for a display home, you may not have very many opportunities to actually buy one.
- Display homes are usually on display for 3 to 5 years, so if you find one you really like, you may have to wait a while before you can move in.
- You may have to deal with a lot of decor that may not be entirely to your taste or style of furniture.
Do you have any more questions about display homes and where you could possibly find one for sale at a reasonable price? As duplex display home experts in Sydney, we have all the answers for you! Get in touch with Willoughby Homes today!